The Work-Life Balance is one of the toughest things for a freelancer to understand. If you work in your jammies each day, there will always be things to pull your focus. Maybe you have kids, maybe you have other things to do. The point is, you also have a life and a job that needs to be done. Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links***
For me, maintaining the work-life balance comes down to a few simple things. They don’t have to be done all at once but, given enough time, you may be able to successfully integrate them into your comfortable work environment.
To get this mysterious work-life balance, I suggest these
- Set out time each day to step away from your work. You can do this with exercise or chores around the house.
- Make as much as you can work automatically. Set up editorial calendars, etc.
- Get a Virtual Assistant to help you out ( I know a great one right here!)
- Ask your family to be supportive of your business. That’s right, family and loved ones will be your best ally for success.
- Last, but not least, use every tool at your disposal including trips to the gym, if you go or even a simple walk with the dog to clear your head.
I promise you will have a greater work-life balance as you work toward your goals if you remember these simple rules. Now, I’m no expert on the matter but I find these to be true for myself. When you work toward these steps, as I have you’ll most assuredly see potentially greater success for you and your blog/business.
To read my last entry My Interview with Jason Iannone feel free to click that link! I think you will enjoy it. He gave some wonderful advice in it 🙂 He is a great friend and was kind enough to provide his wonderful insights.